At Steel Toed we offer simple brochure sites with the option of integrating blogs, shopping carts, PayPal sevices, Amazon stores and photo galleries.
Projects are part of the requirements for a Master's in Information Technology at the Rochester Institute of Technology, completed 2005. They include an interactive narrative built in FlashMX 2004 with a mySQL generated help section, basic Maya 6.0 skills, arcade style games in Flash and a 3D world created in DirectorMX 2004. Please, check the Tex Avery project and Don't Eat Yellow Snow game.
- March 2002 - April 2003: Online Advice column "Ask Sensei" on RDykes.com *
- 1999 Iris Newsletter: An Open Letter to Educators
- 1997 Xerox Gayzette: Discrimination and Homophobia in Educational Institutions **
- October 1992 University of San Francisco Law School Forum:
Notebook: My work includes vignettes on various events in life, an online advice column, opinionated essays and a short story. The short story (20,500 words), "A Girl Called Jim," is creative non-fiction derived from a personal narrative written for a Law class. As a short story I've removed the legal arguments and focused on the experiences of a girl growing up Gay in the 1980s.
Interests: raised eyebrows, going on a tangent, 6B pencils, Charles Mingus to Cheap Trick, Bill Waterson to Micheal Connelly, Isshinryu karate, be@rbricks, LEGOs and European or vintage motorcycles.
Currently located in Los Angeles - email@example.com
* RDykes.com is no longer online, but shadows of it can be found at web.archive.org. Most links will be broken.
** This was a paper for my "Issues of Gender and Sexuality in Law" class at Universiy of San Francisco Law School taught by Mary C Dunlap (1992)